Everyone wants to know how to get soft and healthy lips naturally at home so that they can save the money and time to visit the beauty saloons. Pink lips can brighten anyone’s face and add a friendly warm touch to one’s smile. Pinkish tinge on Lips is a sign of good health, and thus a proper care need to be taken to keep that tinge on the lips. Also lips are the most delicate part of our face which have no oil glands of their own and hence external moisture is very important to keep them baby soft. It is simple to easily enhance your beauty by creating a beautiful smile and one of the best ways to do this is with pink lips. Many people are not lucky enough to have naturally pink lips instead having lips that are pale and dark which is not appealing. Dark lips can occur because of different reasons including humid temperatures, exposure to direct rays of the sun, stress, low blood circulation, failing to remove lipstick, using low quality cosmetics, smoking, using too much fluoride, chemotherapy, chewing tobacco, illness, weather, ignoring your health, a hectic lifestyle and others. One fast way to get soft smooth lips overnight is by providing good amount moisture and cleaning the dirt to make lips soft silky and baby pink. Naturally made home remedies or lip products, both are useful for making lips supple in summers and winters. These tips can be used by both men and women to get smooth lips.
How To Get Soft And Pink Lips Naturally At Home
- The general rule for being healthy, and looking good, is to be well hydrated. Your lips also crave for hydration – so, drink a lot of water. If you’re not providing your body with enough water, your lips can, as well as your skin, get dry and chapped. It’s not a pretty sight, and plus – it hurts! Luckily, it can all be prevented simply by taking more water. Increase the amount of water you drink by just one glass, and you’ll see the results very soon.
- A lot of women think that the solution for dry lips is to lick them. However, this is completely wrong. Even though it could give you an instant feeling that your lips are softer, in a matter of seconds they will be even drier than they were, before you licked them. You’ll want to lick again and you’ll make your lips drier and drier. Apply a lip balm – don’t lick your lips.
- As with your skin, exfoliation is important if you want to have soft lips. It’s very easy to do it, but don’t do it too often. Once every two weeks is enough, once a week if you have really dry lips. Exfoliation can be done in a number of ways. The simplest is to dub your finger in sugar and with circular movements cover your lips in it. Leave for 10 minutes and then rinse, or lick. You can also use a soft toothbrush, and exfoliate your lips only with warm water, or with sugar. My favorite is a mix of honey, sugar and olive oil. Apply and rinse after 10 minutes. Your lips will be softer than ever.
- Don’t ever leave your home with lips that are not protected. Sun is not the only enemy. Wind, dust and dry air also damage your lips. Protect your lips with lip balms or lipsticks. Lip glosses might not be the best solution, because they could dry your lips. If lip gloss is your choice, make sure you buy one labeled as moisturizing, or apply it over lip balm.
- Everyone will tell you that a solution to get soft lips is to apply lip balm daily. This is not completely true. Sure, lip balms are great, but not all of them. Most of the lip balms contain Vaseline. Even though it protects your lips from the elements, it does that by creating a thin layer over them. This doesn’t allow the skin on your lips to breathe, and your lips actually become drier and crave for more lip balm. Choose natural and organic lip balms instead. Those that contain bee wax are the best. They might not suit you at first, but give them some time – they are really much better. Also, give your lips a break every now and then. If you’ll be staying at home all day, and you can survive without the lip balm – don’t apply it.
- We all know how important it is to protect our skin from the sun. However, we tend to forget that our lips need protection too. Sun burnt lips look really bad, and can also hurt really bad. Always check that the lip balm you’re using has an SPF. For spring and autumn months it’s enough to have SPF15, while for summer and winter you need at least SPF20.
- Rose petals are one of the great home remedies for pink lips. Simply soak some rose petals in milk for a little bit of time. Then use the petals to make a paste, adding a few drops of both glycerin and honey. Dab the paste on your lips and wait fifteen minutes before gently rubbing it off using milk. This remedy can produce amazing results.
- Another great way to lighten dark lips comes from India. There they mix raw turmeric powder and milk cream to achieve great results. You can also try mixing turmeric powder and gram’s flour to light your lips. Just keep in mind that gram’s flour dries out lips making it a poor option for those whose lips are already dry. If you do use this mix, be sure to use a heavy double cream designed to moisturize your lips after you remove the mix.
- Another remedy only requires lemon and some sugar. Cut a thin slice from the lemon, sprinkling a bit of sugar on top and rub your lips with this combination each day. This works well because lemon works to naturally bleach your lips, returning them to their light, pink color while sugar works to exfoliate dead skin cells.
Above given tips will make you know how to get soft, pink and healthy lips naturally at home, moreover these home remedies are free from any harmful effect or side effects.