This article will tell you about the seven ways which will help you to get rid of split ends. Split ends are the weakened areas along hair shaft where the cuticle is broken apart and the cortex of the hair is exposed. When the hair becomes dry, brittle and under moisturized without relief then the cuticle naturally begins to chip, crack and unravel. If the hair is left uncorrected, the split will worsen and will begin exposing inner cortex of the hair. Trimming is the most simple, easy and effective way in the seven ways, to get rid of splits end of hairs.
Seven Ways To Get Rid Of Split Ends
Split ends are the result of hair dehydration because of exposure of hair to the elements or the chemical hair products and also strong shampoos. Split ends are those hair problems which you can overcome easily. There are several ways to get rid of splits ends and seven of them are given below:
- Chemical processes such as color treatments, perms and relaxers make your hairs look stylish but actually they get deep into the cuticle of the hairs. These chemicals break down and degrade the cuticle. When the cuticle is weakened, split ends start appearing at all the points along with the hair shaft. For coloring hairs stick with deposit only colors and rinses.
- Deep conditioning with the quality moisturizing conditioners and protein re constructors on weekly basis is great for the prevention of split ends. The protein treatments reinforce the cuticle and hair shaft so that they can resist premature chipping, breaking and peeling and on the other hand deep conditioners help to restore the hair’s delicate moisture balance.
- Do not expose your hairs to heat as the heat is very harmful for the strength and suppleness of the hairs. Keep the heating tools like blow driers, straighteners, rollers and hot curlers away from the delicate hair. Heat will dry out the locks of your hair and will cause severe damage and breakage.
- Trimming the hair ends at regular basis with sharp shears before these break off is a great split end preventive maintenance. Clean cutting is very important for preventing split ends and only the sharp shears can guarantee a clean break. Also make sure that your hair shears are only used on hairs. Using your scissors to clip coupons or to perform other random tasks will dull your shears.
- Over washing or excessive use of the low quality shampoos can also be the cause of split ends. Use these shampoo to a moderate extent. Also always use water at room temperature because hot water weakens the hair shaft and causes roughness and breakage.
- Daily moisturizing with water based moisturizing products and oiling hair as a seal will also help you to get rid of split ends. All these products lubricate the hair fiber and keep the hair supple and soft. They also protect hair from harsh sun and other environmental hair stressors like humidity and wind. Focus oils and daily moisturizers near the ends of hair shaft which are more vulnerable to split ends than the roots of hair.
- Different hair style may also become the reason of split ends. Avoid to make hair styles that keep your locks tight and twisted as this will exert pressure and pull at your tresses which will surely result in splits and damage.
Always try to use natural and home made products for the hair treatments and also follow these seven ways in order to get rid of split ends.