Fashion events definitely bring out many attendees’ dramatic side, so it is important to learn ideas bout what to wear n a fashion show event, but you don’t need to channel Anna Dello Russo or Lady Gaga to fit in. When it comes to getting dressed for one of these occasions, you want to look effortless. Think: your everyday style-but elevated! Imagine yourself standing around talking fashion shop; you’ll need shoes that are at least semi-tolerable (you don’t get bonus points for being in pain) and an outfit that involves one conversation piece. But the question that has always been on my mind is what I would wear if I was able to score a seat for one of the big name shows? There appear to be all sorts of rules and expectations…so, just to be prepared for when that invitation lands in my mailbox, I decided to compile my top ten list of tips for what to wear to a fashion show. Cool Jeans You can totally wear jeans to a fashion event, you just have to spiff them up a bit. We love the idea of a slim, slouchy, cropped jean in a perfectly worn-in blue paired with a girly blouse, maybe something with a peplum, Peter Pan collar, or tie-neck. Add high-heeled strappy sandals, then punctuate your look with an oversized clutch.
What To Wear On A Fashion Show Event Ideas
- You’re not trying to compete with the ladies up on the runway, so don’t feel you have to wear an outfit worthy of a thousand camera flashes.
- I’ve said this before and I’m sure I will say it again. Your best kept secret for looking like a million bucks should be a tailor who knows your figure and your wardrobe. Don’t just grab something off the rack and assume it will look amazing. Make sure there aren’t weird pocket bulges or sleeves that are too long before you get to the show.
- Unless you are a super celebrity with an eight figure salary, there is no reason you should drop an entire month’s rent on a new outfit for the show. Sure – buy a beautiful investment piece that stands out and is re-wearable. But don’t go overboard on designer wear just for this one show.
- If you’re new to the fashion scene, then you probably won’t have gobs of people to commiserate with and chat up during the dull points of the show. Bring an equally fabulous and fashionable friend who you can whisper to when a model almost falls down or a particularly heinous creation passes your eye.
- Don’t cheat yourself and fall back on a basic black cocktail dress. All the uber fashionistas around you will see right through this coy “conservative” play. A pop of color never hurt anyone – and you will certainly appreciate the extra boost in confidence once you’re surrounded by the chic elite.
- Remember when I said don’t go designer? I didn’t mean your handbag. This is one area where you shouldn’t skimp out with a pleather replica of a popular design. Buy (or borrow) the real thing and wear it with pride.
- Put on your best diva pout and wear your big ol’ sunglasses while you’re cabbing it to the show. But…you are not of such elite status that those shades should stay on your face during the duration of the event. Pull them off, let those peepers see everything and remember that those who are trying to stay incognito are just cheating themselves anyway…those fashion shows are always dim as it is.
- The easiest option for me when it comes dressing for a Fashion Show is wearing a dress. I love dresses. They are easy, all-in-one outfits and I only have to focus on styling my accessories to the dress. I like to had great shoes and a cute handbag and fabulous jewelry pieces. I really don’t think a girl can go wrong showing up in dress.